In-ground or surface-mount outdoor 360° omni-directional passive subwoofer system
- 8" passive subwoofer driver
- 360º omni-directional sound
- Stereo satellite speaker capability with built-in passive crossover system
- Power handling: 125W RMS / 250W Peak
- Impedance: 8Ω/channel (standard); 4Ω/channel (w/ satellites)
- Optional SP70vTA external switchable 70v system
- Weatherproof ABS impact-resistant cabinetry
- 2 x double-insulated 3.3FT/1M 14/2 output audio cable tails
- 1 x double-insulated 3.3FT/1M 18/4 input audio cable tail
- Includes 2 weatherproof cable connector (SPC-CN1)
- Frequency Response: 25Hz - 200Hz (Crossover @ <200Hz)
- Unobtrusive shrub green finish
- Ideal for commercial or residential installation
Note: As a passive (not active) subwoofer, the GS50 requires an amplifier and does not accept a single LFE (Low Frequency Effect) line as an input. With a built-in passive crossover, the GS50 is designed to accept standard full-range stereo inputs and will automatically separate the different bands of audio frequency. GS50 is compatible with both standard amplifier or subwoofer amplifier. Using a dedicated subwoofer amplifier will enhance the audio performance but drop the satellite output capability. While it is possible to connect DVC speakers (ie. GS4 and TFS12) to GS50, we strongly recommend using standard 8Ω speakers (ie. GS3, GS5, TFS5, TFS6, etc.) as satellite speakers.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I'm thinking of getting a GS50 and two pairs of GS5s, to be used as satellites (wired in series, I suppose). This would be powered by a Bose SA-5 amplifier (to integrate with my existing soundtouch system). Does this make sense?
you can do it, two channels to GS50, from the tails of GS50 , you can add one or two pair GS5.